Monday 1 June 2015

My inspiration for making stocking flowers

I've never been engaged in any sort of crafty activities and the last thing I expected from myself was to start making artificial flowers. However, when I moved to India from Ukraine, I missed the garden I left behind in my homeland, so I thought if I couldn't grow flowers anymore, perhaps I should try making them. I tried, and you can see the result in my previous post. Not only I liked the way my first bunch of stocking flowers looked, but I also enjoyed the pacifying process of making them. You just let your thoughts flow while your hands are busy creating something lovely. I suppose that's why so many of us are going for crosshatching, knitting, candle making and what not. 

The nearby parks and gardens in India are a permanent source of inspiration for me - the tropical flowers are utterly beautiful. This is a slideshow featuring the blooms from one of my favorite parks in Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Hope you'll enjoy it - the flowers and classical music go well together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment