Sunday 24 January 2016

Fabrics for stocking flowers

Choosing fabrics  is my favorite part of shopping for stocking flower materials - they come in a vast array of colors and it's so hard to limit yourself to buying just a few pieces :) When I lived in Ukraine, it was rather difficult to tolerate the grayness of the world around from November to March, but then I read somewhere about so called color therapy. The concept is to create something beautiful and full of color on your own. They recommended to buy a lot of watercolors or oil pains and try to express yourself by using them, even if you're really lousy at painting. And you know, it works.

Same applies to stocking flower making. Choosing fabrics for stocking flowers is extremely enjoyable and working on a floral composition that comes from your imagination gives you a very soothing and pacifying effect. 

Sometimes I buy stocking fabrics spontaneously, choosing whatever colors I like, sometimes I plan my purchases in advance and go to the shop with a clear idea of what I want - a pink fabric for roses, white and yellow - for my nylon plumeria, red - for hibiscus, orange - for tiger lilies and so on :)






No comments:

Post a Comment